SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - It was an impressive day for the Keene State men's and women's track and field team, as the Owls produced three individual first-place finishes among the twenty teams at the Springfield College Classic on Blake Track on Saturday.
- It was another standout showing for Katelyn Terry, as the senior topped the 800 meter run with a time of 2:15.36. Senior Lindsey Terry also competed in the race, recording a time of 2:22.67 for seventh place.
- Alyssa Lombardi crossed the line first in the 3000 meter run, with the senior posting a winning time of 10:58.66.
- In the 200 meter dash, freshman Nicole De Almeida sprinted to an eighth place finish in a time of 27.18.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of K. Terry, L. Terry, De Almeida and sophomore Brittany Gravallese combined for a second place finish in a time of 3:59.91
- In the field events, freshman Taylor Bisaillon competed in the javelin with a throw of 29.14 meters for eighth place.
- Sophomore Jared Hannon was dominant both on the track and in the field, as Hannon finished third in the 400 meter dash in a time of 51.21 and turned in a second place mark in the long jump with a leap of 6.85 meters.
- Junior Philip Parent and senior Matt Dudley took first and second in the 3000 meter run, respectively, as Parent crossed the line 9:16.83 and Dudley finished in 9:24.95.
- In the javelin, Alex Magoon recorded a toss of 52.58 meters for third place.
- Senior James Stergis-Cox and sophomore Tyler DeChane both registered top-ten times, as Stegis-Cox finished the 400 meter run in 52.51 and DeChane recorded a time of 4:15.12 in the 1500 meter run.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of sophomores DeChane, Hannon, Alex Medina, and Anthony Jennings put forth a strong effort, registering a time of 3:32.57 for third place.
- The Owls will prepare for the upcoming Little East Conference/Alliance Championship on Saturday, April 29th, beginning at 10 a.m. on the campus of Westfield State University.